Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Workplace and Insurance IssuesWorkplace and Insurance Issues

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

fear of cup
Oct 11, 2001

actually the situtation is this ! i went to hotel for a session with a girl and the hotel actually provide mineral water in the room....when i check in i saw a african couple at the lobby...not sure if they are checking out or something.....then at the room i drink the whole bottle of mineral water...then i scared i might be infected by the mineral water if there is infected blood in it cause by the african couiple(if they using the same room beofre me) .mayvbe they use it to gargle or wash their needles for sharing drugs.....tested negative past window so are my partner...... but scared got rare strain due to africans are prone to rare strain not detected by antibody test.......

pls tell me if my fear is logical......so far got rashes .

Response from Ms. Breuer

You have so much wrong information that you're likely to scare yourself to death. First of all, Africans do not carry a "rare strain of HIV not detected by antibody test." Second, HIV in blood in a bottle of mineral water would be so dispersed that it wouldn't be infectious, I presume. (This is not exactly a test that the scientific community has decided is important to run.) Why are you doing this to yourself? Sometimes rashes are caused by anxiety. Could that be the case for you?

Previous
test y not availabe!
Next
THANKS!!!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.