can a potential employer ask questions on a ap about hiv?

can a potential employer ask questions on a ap about hiv? can a potential employee be dismissed as an applicant due to his hiv status?

Response from Ms. Breuer

In a limited number of jobs, questions about HIV can be relevant. Generally, though, the only appropriate questions employers may ask about your medical condition concern your fitness for the job. If you are given a complex questionnaire or application form to fill out for a job and there are questions about HIV or your immume system, I recommend telling the employer that you want to be sure to do this correctly and will do it with your physician, then return it to them. Then make sure that all of the answers address the root issue: do you have any health condition or are you taking any medication that would interfere with the effective performance of job duties? If you want to drive a truck, the answer may be yes, if the medications make you drowsy. But if it's a desk job, no. This is a common question from prospective employees, and many employers do ask illegal questions. Please provide me with more specifics if you can.

Please,please answer my question
hiv outside the body