Scared, cut on hand

I have a cut/skin irritation on the skin underneath one of my fingernails. This morning at work I was taking off a binder clip from a stack of papers and the metal part of the clip got under my nail. If there had, for some reason, been HIV infected blood on that metal (I didn't see anything on it, and rubbed it against a paper and nothing came off), would this be a method of transmission? Please answer me, I am driving myself crazy with fear. I didn't wash under my fingernail right away as I probably should have.

Response from Ms. Breuer

The best way to cope with mounting fear is to drown it in information. We've been clear for years about how HIV is transmitted. We've been clear for years that exposure must be direct and immediate. Dried blood on a paper clip poses no threat of HIV infection. Please use this website and others to load up on good, reliable information about HIV, and your fear will melt. Okay? Promise? The next person you talk to may be suffering from a similar fear, and you'll be useless unless you know enough to help.

Re: Please help me, I am really worried
I BEG YOU TO ANSWER!