Re: Please help me, I am really worried

Dear Nancy, In your reply, you asked me to relax. Does that mean there's no chance of me being infected via the way I have described in that posting, even if I absent-mindedly forgotten to wash my hands? So I assume there's no need for me to go for a HIV test at all in the first place?

I would like to take the chance to thank you for your help. It surely was very comforting to read your reply.

Response from Ms. Breuer

Thanks for writing back. Yes, my response means that there is no way for you to have acquired HIV in the manner you described, even when you couldn't wash your hands. I would never encourage someone to relax over a possible exposure unless there was no exposure. In your case, there was no exposure. There is no need for a blood test.

I encourage you to take this experience and learn from it so that you can help to educate others. That way, we can begin to eradicate this epidemic. Strength to you!

PROTECTION
Scared, cut on hand