Sep 18, 2001
CAN ONE GET AIDS BY SHAKING HANDS WITH AN HIV INFECTED PERSON WHO HAS RECENT CUT-INJURY IN HIS/HER HAND (THE HEALTHY PERSON MAY HAVE SIMILAR CUT-INJURY) ? PLEASE GIVE DETAILS ABOUT CHANCES OF CONTAMINATION BY THIS TYPES OF SOCIAL INTERACTIONS.
Response from Ms. Breuer
Total number of documented US cases of HIV transmitted by the contact you describe: zero. It isn't the handshakes, my friend, it's the unprotected sex and needle-sharing that's keeping our epidemic fueled.
Please help me, I am really worried!
Re: Please help me, I am really worried
- I Have Severe Symptoms Of Acute Hiv Infection
- Chances Of Getting A Hiv From One Sex Encounter
- Can Hiv Symptoms Show Up Within A Week?
- Can The Diagnosis Of Intestinal Candidiasis Be Dubious?
- Natural Remedies For Cytomegalovirus
- When Should You Get Tested For Chlamydia Again After Treatment?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.