The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Workplace and Insurance IssuesWorkplace and Insurance Issues
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

What's the risk?
Sep 18, 2001

Please excuse me for asking this in your Forum, but the weeks are passing by and I never got an answer from the Safe Sex Forum on this, although I tried a lot. Please answer me!! I have a burning question on getting fluids indirectly into the eye. In April this year I was with a college student and we were fooling around in bed. No penetration or so. I only rubbed her vagina thru her already wet underwear. So I got some of her fluids from her underwear onto my fingers. However, I NEVER touched her vagina directly. A few moments later I rubbed my eyes. What is the risk involved in rubbing my eyes? (It's possible that I touched the mucous membranes a little during rubbing...) Is the risk low? Comparable to getting fluids shot directly into the eye, which is according to the Safe Sex Forum at "The Body" low? I mean, rubbing your eye is something you do without thinking a lot about it... I don't want to get tested unless it is not high risk or a reasonable reason to get tested, and the girl told me that she doesn't get herself into risky situations and that she doesn't have an STD and never had one. Please answer me, the weeks are passing by and I am still waiting for a response :-( If you say you would not get tested, I would have an orientation where reality is...

Response from Ms. Breuer

If you acquired HIV this way, you made medical history. Risk extremely low. I would encourage the test only if you knew that getting the result would help you to put all this behind you.

New Employee Handbook Issue
Staff Fears regarding aHIV/AIDS patient

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint