possible exposure while having labs drawn at dr's ofice

I had blood taken at the Dr's office today. The phlebotomist placed the gauze pad on the arm board that she used after finishing the lab draw to apply pressure to stop the bleeding. I looked down & saw red specks, presumably blood on the arm board after she had placed the gauze pad over my lab stick site. I am a nurse so I have a very heightened awareness of hiv & I am terrified of possibly acquiring HIV. I am also 6 months pregnant. Thanks for your time & for helping to alleviate the fears of many.

Response from Ms. Breuer

Pregnancy certainly heightens awareness of possible risk, doesn't it? I find the order of events a little confusing in your question, but red flecks on the arm board would have been your blood (no risk to you) or dried blood, and HIV does not survive exposure to oxygen in a small blood spatter for more than a few seconds.Please put your mind at ease about this. It might help to talk with the phlebotomist again, too. She or he probably has experience helping people overcome a range of fears related to the procedure.

I think I was pricked by a needle
clarification regarding exposure after lab draw