Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Workplace and Insurance IssuesWorkplace and Insurance Issues

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Thanks, Nancy!
Aug 30, 2001

Nancy, thanks for responding to the post "Drink Scenario." My mother had been worried sick because of the way I was acting (it seemed like I could just breakdown at any moment). Everyone I talked to told me how silly I was being over the whole situation, but I just kept thinking "What if I'm different?" Plus, I chose to second guess myself (such as whether or not this guy had blood on his hand when I shook it). I know that after my hands were out in the environment for two hours I would have been fine. And I know the modes through which HIV is transmitted, I guess I just wanted to freak out about it like some people tend to do. Anyway, thank you for helping to put my mind at ease. I know now that I'm fine and don't have to worry about anything, but it's still nice to hear an expert's opinion. (Especially since I had gotten a confusing answer from a hotline, lol). My mother thanks you as well ( she didn't want me wasting so much time and energy on a non-existent problem). Thanks again.

Response from Ms. Breuer

What a lovely thing to do! Thanks for the great letter. Your reaction was simply human, and was a place I think we all need to walk through once before we become comfortable with the job of separating risky from non-risky (or tolerable from intolerable risk, I guess). We can't get stuck there, but there's every reason to walk through. Have a great Labor Day weekend!

Previous
CPR/First Aid restrictions in school
Next
Pretty Healthy Working Individual - Happen to be HIV+

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.