Thanks, Nancy!

Nancy, thanks for responding to the post "Drink Scenario." My mother had been worried sick because of the way I was acting (it seemed like I could just breakdown at any moment). Everyone I talked to told me how silly I was being over the whole situation, but I just kept thinking "What if I'm different?" Plus, I chose to second guess myself (such as whether or not this guy had blood on his hand when I shook it). I know that after my hands were out in the environment for two hours I would have been fine. And I know the modes through which HIV is transmitted, I guess I just wanted to freak out about it like some people tend to do. Anyway, thank you for helping to put my mind at ease. I know now that I'm fine and don't have to worry about anything, but it's still nice to hear an expert's opinion. (Especially since I had gotten a confusing answer from a hotline, lol). My mother thanks you as well ( she didn't want me wasting so much time and energy on a non-existent problem). Thanks again.

Response from Ms. Breuer

What a lovely thing to do! Thanks for the great letter. Your reaction was simply human, and was a place I think we all need to walk through once before we become comfortable with the job of separating risky from non-risky (or tolerable from intolerable risk, I guess). We can't get stuck there, but there's every reason to walk through. Have a great Labor Day weekend!

CPR/First Aid restrictions in school
Pretty Healthy Working Individual - Happen to be HIV+