my similar case!!!

Hi Mrs. Nancy Breuer:

Regarding on article you answered by wrote on July 27, 2001 (co-workrs right) that's begin happening in my case were my position is Peer-Support, position covereb by Ryan White Title I and my supervisor tell me I need to disclosure my HIV in addition with my clients I has as Case Load I need to do with my co-workers??

Response from Ms. Breuer

Medical information in the workplace is confidential. Only the person himself or herself has the right to decide whether it will be made public. Since you are hired by your agency in a peer support capacity, your supervisor may believe that disclosing your HIV status is part of your job. That depends on the definition of "peer." Do you have a copy of your job description, or the written description of the job from when you interviewed? Does it explain or imply what is meant by "peer"? It may refer to your age, your ethnicity, your background concerning substance use, your sexuality--I can't tell from your question. If it says that the person must be HIV positive to acquire the job, then I'm surprised, first of all, and second, your supervisor would have a reasonable expectation that you would disclose to your clients. There is no basis, however, for asking you to disclose to co-workers.

If you share this information with your supervisor and she or he still insists on your disclosing to co-workers, please contact an HIV-knowledgeable attorney and ask the attorney to explain the law to your supervisor.

Please act now. These situations do not get better by themselves. And if you have follow-up questions, please write again.

Your question was hard for me to understand. Did I get it right?

It's me again!!!
my email