It's me again!!!

It's me again regarding on question I asked before to Mrs. Nancy Breuer and I would like to find if any existing training to get more knowledge on my role as Peer-Support. My position is Peer-Support Counselor and Case Manager, were I already get training intensive on Case Manager, but I not have any knowledge on Peer-Support, just only my experience as HIV positive since 1992 and present!!!

Response from Ms. Breuer

Hello again. I'll respond to your question because I just happen to know about a resource for you (because I wrote it). So you already know I'm biased. It's called Navigator to Pilot, a treatment advocate's workshop available to your agency at no cost from your Agouron Pharmaceuticals community relations person. Please understand that no matter how many--or how few--people use the program, I do not receive any financial benefit, so that isn't involved in my recommendation. Navigator to Pilot covers several professional issues for people involved in HIV counseling, a cultural competence module, information on how HIV works and how the available treatments interact with the virus, and how to encourage the person you're counseling to get the best available care. If you're not sure who your area's Agouron representative is, please send me another message with your e-mail address and I'll give you the name and contact information.

aids transmission
my similar case!!!