RE: MD With HIV

I was wanting to know if a person with HIV who has execellent grades and MCAT score could go to medical school. I have been told that they require HIV test now for medical school is that true? Would a person who is HIV positive be dennied a chance to become an MD? Please answer my question I know you get many many question everyday and hope you can find time to answer mine.

Response from Ms. Breuer

I am not aware of any medical school that "requires an HIV test" before admission. To be sure of that concerning the schools you're targeting, log onto their websites and see whether they say anything about your HIV status in the admissions criteria section of the website.

what to do if my job finds out my husband and I are HIV+
aids transmission