Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Workplace and Insurance IssuesWorkplace and Insurance Issues

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

RE: MD With HIV
Aug 15, 2001

I was wanting to know if a person with HIV who has execellent grades and MCAT score could go to medical school. I have been told that they require HIV test now for medical school is that true? Would a person who is HIV positive be dennied a chance to become an MD? Please answer my question I know you get many many question everyday and hope you can find time to answer mine.

Response from Ms. Breuer

I am not aware of any medical school that "requires an HIV test" before admission. To be sure of that concerning the schools you're targeting, log onto their websites and see whether they say anything about your HIV status in the admissions criteria section of the website.

Previous
what to do if my job finds out my husband and I are HIV+
Next
aids transmission

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.