hiv and food

I was recently at McDonalds and in the middle of my biscuit there was something red. It looked like blood. It was very small. Should I be worried if it was blood?

Response from Ms. Breuer

Given the strict codes that restaurants are supposed to abide by, there should not be any blood--any human blood, that is--on food served to customers. If you're thinking HIV, forget it. If you're thinking other bloodborne illnesses, you swallowed, right? Your instincts for self-preservation must not have sent up any red flags at the moment. I'm not a public health official, but I'd be more concerned about Mad Cow Disease than stigmatized viruses.

HIV survival in freezer
MD with HIV