Radiography and HIV

I am considering going back to school to become a radiographer and I was wondering if I should expect any difficulty with getting the degree (discrimination from the school) and then getting a job because of my HIV status.

Response from Ms. Breuer

I would not anticipate any difficulty, especially given the specialty. Decisions about reporting HIV status are governed by individual hospital boards, so you might want to check a few hospitals in your target area. I do know of a site to check reporting requirements for nurses, so you could get an idea: check the summer 2000 issue (online) of the newsletter of ANAC, the Assoc. of Nurses in AIDS Care. They have a newsletter for HIV+ nurses, and that issue contains state by state reporting requirements. Go to www.anac.org. Your school should not even be asking you about HIV status. Good luck!

what do you think about hiv and sports. Should players who have it be aloud to play
Contradiction?