Intermittent FMLA

I work under a bargaining unit that has an established sick leave and attendance policy. Is my employer allowed to ask me to provide medical documentation to support my need to take a family member to a doctor appt. each and every time I use FMLA? My employer has accused me of abusing FMLA and the sick leave policy. Thanks

Response from Ms. Breuer

You're going to get the best help from your shop steward or union representative. In the absence of a collective bargaining agreement, your employer does indeed have the right under FMLA to request a diagnosis, but when there is a collective bargaining agreement, only someone familiar with that agreement can explain how it and the FMLA interact. Please act quickly. This kind of situation does not get better by itself.

Exposed to secretions
what do you think about hiv and sports. Should players who have it be aloud to play