Exposed to secretions

Say for instance you were exposed to sputum from a HIV positive person and it hit the outer portion of your lip what if any chance are you of getting the disease

Response from Ms. Breuer

I'll bet you really know the answer to this question, but the experience of contact with body fluids from someone known to have HIV can rattle you all over again. I remember my surprise and upset (at first) at a big, wet unexpected kiss from a training partner who had AIDS once. I had to rehearse the modes of transmission to myself all over again. Here it is: the four fluids capable of transmitting HIV are blood, semen (including pre-ejaculate), vaginal fluids and breast milk. The behaviors that transmit HIV are unprotected sex with an infected person, sharing needles, birth to an infected mother and receiving a contaminated blood product.

As I think you can see, what you describe does not put you at risk of infection.

HIV+ Nurse
Intermittent FMLA