sharps accident at work

I have been covered by workman's comp insurance after a sharp's accident at work with an HIV + patient. I remain negative for the virus after 5 months of testing. I have my final test in one month and would like to purchase my own self employment insurance. I noticed the question,"Have you taken any HIV medications in the past 5 years" on insurance applications. Will I experience discrimination in obtaining self employment insurance even if I test negative after 6 months? I know that the Workman's Comp Insurance will want to be rid of me. Do they have any responsibility toward me, if I have to pay higher permiums? I am concerned because my workman's comp lawyer seems unconcerned or ignorant about this. It is my understanding that "all is well" if I test negative at 6 months. Please comment.

Response from Mr. Berg

Unfortunately, I have no background in Workman's Compensation and cannot comment. In terms of your private insurance, you will have some explaining to do, but I would think that they could not deny you on exposure and preventative measures alone. I would contact your Department of Insurance and run the senario by them as well as another attorney. This is alot like the issues surroundiing genetic testing.

LTD preexisting condition,Please post
Can my healthcare provider disclose my status to my employer?