Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Workplace and Insurance IssuesWorkplace and Insurance Issues

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Please help
Jul 16, 2001

I was forced into a bad situation at work recently. My boss who is married and father to a young infant had me in his office for a meeting. Suddenly he grabbed me and kissed me forcibly for a few seconds (a rough french kiss). I was shaken by this incident but didn't report it. I am HIV negative as far as I know and am worried that I may have contracted the disease by this action. I also suffer from very weak gums (gingivitis). What are my chances? Please help.

Response from Ms. Breuer

Your risk for HIV is virtually zero. Saliva does not transmit HIV. But you have been victimized by sexual harassment, and if you do not report it, it is likely to worsen. Please contact your human resources professional right away. Be prepared to describe exactly what happened and why you waited to report it. That kiss was indeed an assault, but not one that can transmit HIV. Please put HIV out of your mind, and please protect yourself by seeing HR. Today.

Previous
HR & Doctor's note
Next
the dangers around handling of equipment used to test for HIV

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.