Please help

I was forced into a bad situation at work recently. My boss who is married and father to a young infant had me in his office for a meeting. Suddenly he grabbed me and kissed me forcibly for a few seconds (a rough french kiss). I was shaken by this incident but didn't report it. I am HIV negative as far as I know and am worried that I may have contracted the disease by this action. I also suffer from very weak gums (gingivitis). What are my chances? Please help.

Response from Ms. Breuer

Your risk for HIV is virtually zero. Saliva does not transmit HIV. But you have been victimized by sexual harassment, and if you do not report it, it is likely to worsen. Please contact your human resources professional right away. Be prepared to describe exactly what happened and why you waited to report it. That kiss was indeed an assault, but not one that can transmit HIV. Please put HIV out of your mind, and please protect yourself by seeing HR. Today.

HR & Doctor's note
the dangers around handling of equipment used to test for HIV