WORKING IN FOOD PLACES WHEN YOU WORK ALL LIFE??// EVER BODY SAY NOa!!!

HI,I JUST FOUND OUT THAT I GOT HIV+. I BEEN WORKING WITH FOOD ALL MY LIFE. FOR OUTSIDE PEOPLE IN DIFFERENT PLACES IN THE PAST. NOW I WAS TRYING TO GET A JOB AT MY CHURCH IN THERE FOOD PLACE!! BUT I DID TOLD THE PASTER AND SOME BUT I I FEEL LIKE I'M BEEN CAST OUT OF THE THING I DO BEST AT ... YES I GET FEELING DOWN.DO I TELL OTHER PLACE THAT I'M ++++ + OF OUTSIDE PLACE. WANT REAL MAKES A DIFFRENT AT HOME OR FOOD PLACE OF THE UNREAL WOURLD WHO GET SO FEAR OF THAT PERSON!!!!

Response from Ms. Breuer

You probably should not disclose your HIV status to a prospective food service employer. Certainly there is no legal requirement for you to tell them. YOu do not pose a threat to anyone's health by working in food service, but the irrational fear that surrounds this issue is huge and could cause you to be shut out of what you do best.

Please always think about your goal when you tell someone about your HIV. If it's to make you feel more "honest," please reconsider. There are lots of personal things we shouldn't tell employers, because they're personal. Medical information is personal and confidential. You are not required to disclose it to an employer except when a specific condition (vision impairment, for example) would make it difficult for you to do a specific job (like driving a truck). HIV does not prevent you from doing a good job in food service.

Does ADA cover Churchworkers?
wet or dry?