Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Workplace and Insurance IssuesWorkplace and Insurance Issues

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Receiving AIDS medicine in NV
Jul 5, 2001

I am preparing to move to Las Vegas and currently my coctail+ (Norvir, Fortivase, Epivir, Zerit, Bactrim, and Fluconazole) is being payed for by ADAP. When I get to Las Vegas will I continue to receive my medicines without interruption, how do I find out long distance from who, from where, and how I will continue to receive my medicines?

Response from Ms. Donnelly

ADAP formularies and eligibilty vary state to state so it is really important that you check the information before you move unless you currently live in Nevada. All of the drugs you mentioned needing seem to be on the Nevada formulary, however, since income eligibilty varies, you need to ensure that you are eligible for ADAP in Nevada. Also if you anticipate needing some other treatments you might want to check to ensure that they are covered. Finally, some ADAPs are experiencing some financial problems due to underfunding so you should check to see that there are no waiting lists and that the ADAP anticipates being able to continue its present level of service through this year.

The best thing to do would be to check with the Nevada ADAP coordinator or information person. The easiest way to get contact information is to call AIDS Treatment Data Network at 1-800-734-7104 or visit their website at www.aidsinfonyc/network/access. They have a listing of current contact for each state ADAP. You might also want to check with a Las Vegas community based HIV/AIDS program to see if there is anything about ADAP you should be aware of. If you run into a problem with the Nevada formulary and need a contact to discuss your options, you can call the Project Inform hotline at 1-800-822-7422 and ask for the Access Coordinator.

Previous
how to obtain cd4 count and viral load test for foreigners
Next
Making A Big Move!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.