Receiving AIDS medicine in NV

I am preparing to move to Las Vegas and currently my coctail+ (Norvir, Fortivase, Epivir, Zerit, Bactrim, and Fluconazole) is being payed for by ADAP. When I get to Las Vegas will I continue to receive my medicines without interruption, how do I find out long distance from who, from where, and how I will continue to receive my medicines?

Response from Ms. Donnelly

ADAP formularies and eligibilty vary state to state so it is really important that you check the information before you move unless you currently live in Nevada. All of the drugs you mentioned needing seem to be on the Nevada formulary, however, since income eligibilty varies, you need to ensure that you are eligible for ADAP in Nevada. Also if you anticipate needing some other treatments you might want to check to ensure that they are covered. Finally, some ADAPs are experiencing some financial problems due to underfunding so you should check to see that there are no waiting lists and that the ADAP anticipates being able to continue its present level of service through this year.

The best thing to do would be to check with the Nevada ADAP coordinator or information person. The easiest way to get contact information is to call AIDS Treatment Data Network at 1-800-734-7104 or visit their website at www.aidsinfonyc/network/access. They have a listing of current contact for each state ADAP. You might also want to check with a Las Vegas community based HIV/AIDS program to see if there is anything about ADAP you should be aware of. If you run into a problem with the Nevada formulary and need a contact to discuss your options, you can call the Project Inform hotline at 1-800-822-7422 and ask for the Access Coordinator.

how to obtain cd4 count and viral load test for foreigners
Making A Big Move!