STDS

Is there any STDs that can be transmitted via toilet seats? Please answer, to put some of my fears to rest. I fear that I can be infected with certain STDS such as Hepatitis, syphillis, as well and especially HIV, etc from using a public toilet the other day.

Response from Ms. Breuer

Here's the vital question to put those fears to rest: did any open cut or break in your skin, or any mucous membrane, come into direct contact with someone else's blood, semen, vaginal fluids or breast milk on the toilet seat? Or, did you have sex with anyone in the bathroom? If the answer is no, then you have not been exposed to an STD. STD's are called STD's because they're sexually transmitted. Using a public toilet and having sex are not the same thing. Still have doubts? Please contact your local Planned Parenthood and have a workup for STD's to put your fears to rest.

Risk from using a public toilet?
WHY CAN'T I RETURN TO WORK AFTER A REQUESTED MEDICAL LEAVE