Lifes a Dance

Dear: Ms. Breuer, After three years of employment, I was terminated. In December of 1999. When, asked the reason? I was told that the four year private college was an "At Will employer" and that they did not have too disclose the reason. In short, after I disclosed my hiv-status too her my position crumbled. I reccentley received a "right-to-sue" letter from the EEOC. I cannot find an attorney to touch my case for anything under 10,000.00 up front. I understand that because the case may be drawn out over time that money is a factor. I have gone through hundreds of orginizations like LAMNDA and APLA referrals as well as the www. and am at my end in searching? Should I drop the whole thing and carry-on? But, then I feel it my obligation to the many others behind me that will probibly go through the same treatment? Any attorney refferals from you or advise would be most appreciated. Frustratedly, Your's. Julian.

Response from Ms. Breuer

Filing a lawsuit is not a casually-undertaken task, is it? I have two suggestions: 1. Call the American Bar Association's AIDS Coordination Project at 202.662.1025. 2. Don't disclose at your next job. Read the numerous other postings at this site about how to keep your job, request reasonable accommodation, use the insurance plan and never disclose. Good luck, Julian.

open tube of blood
blood drop survival outside the environment