Please Help a single mother!

Hi, I am a single mother, cleaning Hotel rooms to support my kids. A few days ago, I was cleaning a room when I got the call of nature. As I sat on the toilet, I felt some thing sticky and wet on my buttocks, which turned to be semen. I am sure it had been there for at least five minutes, my concern is that the skin my inner thighs and my buttocks were red and irritated since I sweat a lot and my uniform is really tight so that causes the irritation, the skin was not broken, nor was there blood.

I have been practically out of my mind; I cannot find the answer to my question. How does HIV survive out side of body? They say a few minutes or not for very long! But that is not specific enough for me! a few minutes could mean any time from 1 minute to 20 minutes! And not for a long time could mean an hour!!!

Can you please help me? My whole life seems a living nightmare and all of my dreams for my children are shattered. Thanks so much and God bless.

Response from Ms. Breuer

Please put your fears to rest by getting an anonymous HIV test if they're available in your state. Your risk is so low as to be almost impossible to calculate, but that doesn't stop emotions, does it? HIV needs immediate, direct contact with a mucous membrane or the bloodstream to cause an infection. But please get the test for your peace of mind.

Sustiva and Drug Testing
vaginal fluid exposure