preparing food for the public when HIV infected

Are there rules governing HIV infected employees from handling food that is served to the public?

Response from Ms. Breuer

Here in L.A. we have a City Councilperson who proposes a law every year that would prohibit HIV-positive people from handling food. It goes down in flames every year, because it's not based on medical fact. Restaurants are governed by public health laws that cover throwing out food that gets human blood on it. But even if they didn't, HIV literally comes apart on contact with air and wouldn't survive the trip from kitchen to table on that salad. If I were you, I wouldn't advertise my diagnosis to my employer or the patrons, just because irrational fears do still kick in, but they are irrational. Serve away.

disclosing status to doctor/employer
Does the ADA protect promotions for HIV+