|HIV DISCRIMINATION IN FLORIDA
Jun 9, 2001
I HAVE A RELATIVE WHO WAS RECENTLY FIRED IN FLORIDA. I WAS WONDERING WHAT ARE THE LAWS THAT APPLY IN FLORIDA REGARDING EMPLOYMENT AND TERMINATION?
| Response from Ms. Breuer
First, for laws specific to one state, the best source is a discrimination lawyer practicing in that state. Please contact your local AIDS service organization for a referral. There may even be an attorney on staff to help you with this kind of question.
Second, as I understand it, federal anti-discrimination law trumps state law, and firing solely on the basis of a real or perceived disability would be a violation of the ADA. But it's hard to prove. Please contact a local attorney to learn more about how to proceed in your state.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sex With A Prostitute Do I Need To Get Tested For AIDS
- Ache In Testicles After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Herpes After Rubbing Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Jock Itch After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Red Spots After Sex With Hooker Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.