Must I tell employer of +

do i need to tell a prospective employer of my hiv+. do companies give medical tests or questions to find out if some one is +. I have med. ins through my wifes company, so i dont need health insurance. Is it still impossible to get life ins. if you are positive. I have been positive for 10+ and never been sick, although I do feel like shit every day, the drugs have deformed my body, and we keep all sharp objects in our house out of my reach.

Response from Ms. Breuer

Nope. Yes, some companies give you medical questionnaires to complete as part of the application process. Some will ask questions that really aren't legal. If they give you one, pocket it and explain that you'll have your physician fill it out. No, I've heard that there are some life insurance companies beginning to provide coverage for HIV positive applicants. Check one of the magazines for HIV positive readers. Right now the one that comes to mind is POZ. Sorry to hear about how you feel and look. Glad you have med. ins. through your wife's company. More power to you.

can i be a dentist?
Please Assist!!!!!