Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

hiv in the workplace

I am a physician doing a university assignment on what to do if asked by a manager that workers have walked of a job because they found out that another worker has hiv.I have been asked what my advice is.

Response from Ms. Breuer

Any manager who has employees walking off the job because they just learned of a co-worker's HIV infection is a manager who has an educational emergency. His employees need competent workplace HIV education immediately to avoid a host of problems: discrimination, substantial loss of productivity, poor morale, and rumor-mongering are a few of them. The Business/Labor Responds to AIDS section of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has a referral service to help mangers find providers of this education available at 800-458-5231.

business travel accomodations
risk group