business travel accomodations

I travel frequently for my job, and I have full-blown AIDS. One of my new medications (Norvir) must be refrigerated. Accordingly, I will need to stay in a hotel suite that would accomodate putting my medication in refrigeration. Is my company required to honor my request? If they don't (i.e, put someone else on the project), is that a violation of the ADA?

Response from Ms. Breuer

You might raise a red flag if you insist to your employer that you have to stay in a suite because of your medication. I have often traveled with an HIV-positive colleague who must refrigerate his meds, and he works it out with the hotel. The law requires them to accommodate his need. Often they bring a small refrigerator to the room just for his stay. Hotels are not unaccustomed to this. Work it out with them when you make your reservation, remind the front desk clerk, and insist on having the request honored when you arrive. One mention of the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act should help them remember their legal obligations if they tell you that no refrigerator is available. Your company can be left out of the whole discussion.

drug testing for a knew job
hiv in the workplace