Mississippi state regulations on HIV employees

What is the state of Mississippi's regulation on employing HIV positive individuals in senior housing communities?

Response from Ms. Breuer

Good news: you don't need to know the State of Mississippi's regulations on employing HIV positive individuals in senior housing communities because federal anti-discrimination law supercedes local law in this area, and I'd bet that local law prohibits employment discrimination based on HIV status as well. I'm not a lawyer, but I feel confident saying this much.

It is illegal to discriminate against a person known or believed to have HIV in employment, with very few exceptions, such as hiring someone to perform surgery. The HIV-positive person does not pose a threat to the health of the other employees or the seniors. Make your decision based on qualifications, not on diagnosis, and you'll be on the right course.

HIV positive in the food service industry
drug testing for a knew job