Ratio of infected people
Jun 8, 2001
What is the ratio of people infected with AIDS
Response from Ms. Breuer
Not all states in the US require that HIV be reported, so our information about rates of HIV infection is statistical. Roughly one in 265 Americans has HIV, but the only "ratio" that matters is the HIV status of the person you're about to have sex with or share needles with. Please don't play the odds. Folks who do have kept our infection rates constant (that is, NOT declining) for ten years.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sinus Infection Worried It Could Be HIV
- Sore On Mouth During Seroconversion
- HIV Infection Risk Sex With A Prostitute
- Probability Of Getting AIDS From Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Painful Red Spots After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.