|HCV and Food Service
Jun 7, 2001
Is it OK for a Hep C infected person to cook and serve food and beverages to the public.
| Response from Dr. Bartlett
Hepatitis C virus can be spread through contact with infected blood or through sexual contact. Food service workers should always take precautions to avoid the contamination of food they are preparing with their blood. Provided that these precautions are being taken, a hepatitis C-infected food service worker should be fine to prepare food.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Blood In Semen A Sign Of AIDS?
- Is Chest Cold An Ars Symptom?
- Is Itchy Skin A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Hpv After Kissing Cut On Lip Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Rash After Touching Vaginal Sore Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Jock Itch After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.