The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Workplace and Insurance IssuesWorkplace and Insurance Issues
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Restrictions on entry
Jun 2, 2001

Do you know whether Japan has restrictions on entry to the country by persons who have HIV? Can I be denied entry with HIV medications? I got a scholarship to study there. I want to realize it. So far, no requirement for anti-HIV test. I can come back to see my doctor every 6 or 3 months if necessary. Thank you very much for your great help.

Response from Dr. Boyle

I don't have the answer to that one, but you might consider contacting an immigration lawyer or a local HIV support organization (e.g., GMHC).

What is COBRA?
Entering US to work

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint