Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

Benefits in the workplace

I currently hold a position where I have insurance, but don't wish to use it because I don't want my HIV status revealed. Is there anything I can do to soften the financial burden and start using my insurance without the company knowing my status? The plan is an HMO.

Response from Ms. Franzoi

Use your health insurance. With an HMO, the possibility of your employer knowing what you are seeking treatmnet for from the HMO is minimal. In fact, it is almost impossible to get overall information from the HMO on the types of claims that are filed, let alone information on a specific individual.

HIPAA Information Needed
Denied New Accounts