|Employees rights to privacy
Jun 2, 2001
I am wondering if an employer can tell other employees if someone in the company has AIDS? Or would this be an invasion of privacy?
Response from Ms. Franzoi
The employer cannot tell other employees about an employee's HIV status or any other medical illness without the employee's consent.
How customers feel about AIDS in the workplace
Newly Diagnosed Positive & Insurance
- What Doctor To See About Genital Warts?
- Can Washing After Sex Can Help Prevent Herpes?
- Vaginosis With Uti Symptoms
- Risk Of Transmitting Herpes Through Kissing
- Took Antibiotics As Prescribed For Chlamydia And Still Have Symptoms
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Genital Herpes While Using A Condom?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.