preference for optimal workplace conditions

I am a pipefitter in with aids, my health has been very good for the past 16 years. I work in varying conditions. Sometimes out in the elements, other times in biologically hostile areas such as hospitals breweries and food processing. I have also worked in the semiconductor industry. This is the best area for me because I am in ultra-pure enviornment. My employer is probably unaware of my status, and I am wondering if there is a protocol for making them aware of it and impressing upon them my desire to remain in this particular field. The company is quite large and would be able to keep me in this field exclusively if it were a priority for them as well as I. If you can help or point me to someone who can it would be greatly appreciated.

Response from Ms. Franzoi

I would not recommend disclosing your HIV status. The best way to insure your job is to do the best job you can. Be an exmplary employee so they want to keep you.

Cobra over, What next!
I am stuck