Cobra over, What next!

Cobra expires soon, have good coverage until Nov. What next, Medicare and local county treatments? That is all I can find and that is SCARY! Medicare does not offer the drug coverage that I need to stay alive and neither does county facilities. Any suggestions? I am currently being treated for CMV and KS.

Response from Ms. Franzoi

I am assuming that you have qualified for Social Security disability and therefore will qualify for Medicare once you have been disabled for 29 months. If this is the case, you will be able to assign your Medicare benefits to an HMO and that HMO will typically have some prescritpion drug coverage. Although there are non-HMO medical plans that coordinate with Medicare, I have found that they do not offer this coverage if the disabled person is under age 65. If you are under age 65, you will probably have to check with an HMO. If you are not Medicare eligible, you might be able to convert your COBRA into a conversion policy or you would be eligible for a HIPAA policy.

self-insured limits disclosure
preference for optimal workplace conditions