getting private health insurance after HIV exposure at work.

I want to leave the dental field after exposure to HIV + blood. Physicians and drugs were covered by workmans' comp. insurance and after 2 months I am still negative. I am researching private insurance and they want to know about my historyin the last 5 years of taking HIV medication. Will I be able to obtain private health insurance and will the premiums be higher? Is workmans Comp responsible for this increase I will be paying?

Response from Ms. Franzoi

Since you are HIV negative, you shouldn't have any problem getting insurance. The liklihood of you converting to HIV+ after two months is very small. If you should test HIV+ within 6 months of the exposure at work and it is due to this exposure, you should contact the workers' compensation insurer and file this as part of the original claim.

LTD and pre-existing condition exclusions
Medication, what can we do?