Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Workplace and Insurance IssuesWorkplace and Insurance Issues

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Help a single mother please!
Jun 2, 2001

Hi, I am a single mother, cleaning Hotel rooms to support my kids. A few days ago, I was cleaning a room when I got the call of nature. As I sat on the toilet, I felt some thing sticky and wet on my buttocks, which turned to be semen. I am sure it had been there for at least five minutes, my concern is that the skin my inner thighs and my buttocks were red and irritated since I sweat a lot and my uniform is really tight so that causes the irritation, the skin was not broken, nor was there blood.

I have been practically out of my mind; I cannot find the answer to my question. How does HIV survive out side of body? They say a few minutes or not for very long! But that is not specific enough for me! a few minutes could mean any time from 1 minute to 20 minutes! And not for a long time could mean an hour!!!

Can you please help me? My whole life seems a living nightmare and all of my dreams for my children are shattered. Thanks so much and God bless.

Response from Ms. Franzoi

You are not at risk. The virus dies almost immediatley upon contact with air, heat and light. Furthermore, there was no "mode" of entry. If the virus had been present, it would've had to come in contact with a mucous membrane or an open wound to get into your body.

Previous
Employer Responsibility
Next
COBRA/HIPPA

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.