|HIV food handler--employer's duties
Jun 2, 2001
A fast food restaurant (food handler) employee recently volunteered information to our manager that he is HIV positive. As an employer, do we owe a duty to his co-workers or the public to disclose his HIV status or take special steps to protect them from potential exposure?
Response from Ms. Franzoi
You have a duty to keep this confidential. It would be illegal for you to disclose his status to anyone.
regarding federal employee health insurance
- Sore Testicles After Sex With Hooker Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Can Vaginal Discharge Cause Sores?
- Does Pineapple Juice Help With Vaginitis?
- Hiv Qualitative And Quantitative Pcr
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.