HR Access

I have recently filed a claim to take some FMLA/STD time. Our company was bought out by a larger one and the original HR person (who was wonderful) has been replaced by what I can only call a paper pusher with the head HR person being in another city. I have become aware that this "paper pusher" is clueless about what forms to send me, my doctor, etc. I am also being denied access to the main HR person. Do I have any legal right to request access to the main HR person as this is dragging on for weeks and I am receiving no benefits. I have been told by the local person that I am not allowed to call the main HR people and must go through her. Is this correct?

Response from Ms. Franzoi

You have the right to contact the main HR person directly. I suggest that you do this in writing and explain why you are contacting her, i.e., the lack of responsiveness and capability on the part of your contact at the local facility.

Being informed of HIV and Hepatitis prior to accepting job
AIDS procedure for a classroom teacher with AIDS students?