Being informed of HIV and Hepatitis prior to accepting job

I was hired and accepted a job in a Dialysis center where HIV and Hepatitis-C is present. I was not informed of this at any time during the interview or upon accepting the position. In fact, I was not even told of it until several days into the job. I had already handled the blood lines, dialyzers, and the actual blood. My question is did my employer have a legal obligation to inform me of these circumstances prior to me accepting the job? As far as I know, I have not contracted these diseases. I am, however, a nonconverter to Hepatitis-B. I have had the three required injections, plus two other boosters. Please try to answer this question for me. Respectfully, Marsha

Response from Ms. Franzoi

Anytime someone works in a health care facility, they can come in contact with blood and other bodily fluids that could contain viruses, bacteria, etc. Since these facilities practice universal precautions, you should be able to protect yourself by following the guidelines closely. I do not know what their legal obligation is with respect to disclosure.

medical w/AIDS
HR Access