HIV and inhouse medical aid

I am HIV pos since Nv 2000. My employer has inhouse medical aid and managed healthcare. I never disclosed my status to my employer/medical aid but I was approached my one of the case managers of the managed healthcare who has "found out about my status based on the routine bloodwork I had to do" which medical aid paid for. I was advised to join the disease management programme for chronic patients which I did. Now my concern is that I am not comfortable with the way information is handled by the medical aid or the healthcare managers like - my bills are sent via internal office mail and although I was assured that I will deal with only one person all the time, I have been referred to three different people so far with my queries/ assistance and these are the people that I meet in the corridors/ canteen. And one of the people that I work with closely is on the board of trustees of the medical aid and I am not sure what kind of information she has access to. What measures do you advice I should take in this regard as I want to avoid direct contact with all the individuals concerned. Do you think that legal representation is necessary? Ps I am very uptight about this and has even considered changing jobs.

Response from Ms. Franzoi

I don't think you have to worry about this. All of the information should be kept confidential within the managed care unit. This is how "case management" works. The individuals involved are aware of their legal obligation to maintain confidentiality.

thinking of returning to work
HELP!