thinking of returning to work

I have been positive since 1992, i have been on disability since 1996 and in SSI since 1996 also. My meds are working for me and I am considering to return to work. I stopped by the local Social Security office to get a new card and hile there asked what would happen to my benefits if I returned to work. I was told that i could keep the benifits for 9 months, when i asked him to explain he said that if i earned too much SSI would consider me no longer disabled and would cut off all of my benefits. I asked if i would be able to keep my medicare and he told me no. This does not make sence in reading the other posts. Also a friend helped me redo my resume, we were consirned about the large gap of time laps since my last job(i started there when i was 19 and left on disability when i was 36). On the resume we were vague by putting pursuing outside interests. I was a VP for a major company when i left, I plan on telling in my interview that i had had some health issues but am doing fine now, does this sound like a good idea? please help

Response from Ms. Franzoi

I think you are approacjing this in the correct fashion. Contact the Social Security Administration and ask them to send you information on what happens when you return to work. You should review carefully how this "residual" benefit works when you return to the workplace. I think your approach re interviews is fine.

Self-employment insurance
HIV and inhouse medical aid