Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Workplace and Insurance IssuesWorkplace and Insurance Issues

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

thinking of returning to work
Jun 2, 2001

I have been positive since 1992, i have been on disability since 1996 and in SSI since 1996 also. My meds are working for me and I am considering to return to work. I stopped by the local Social Security office to get a new card and hile there asked what would happen to my benefits if I returned to work. I was told that i could keep the benifits for 9 months, when i asked him to explain he said that if i earned too much SSI would consider me no longer disabled and would cut off all of my benefits. I asked if i would be able to keep my medicare and he told me no. This does not make sence in reading the other posts. Also a friend helped me redo my resume, we were consirned about the large gap of time laps since my last job(i started there when i was 19 and left on disability when i was 36). On the resume we were vague by putting pursuing outside interests. I was a VP for a major company when i left, I plan on telling in my interview that i had had some health issues but am doing fine now, does this sound like a good idea? please help

Response from Ms. Franzoi

I think you are approacjing this in the correct fashion. Contact the Social Security Administration and ask them to send you information on what happens when you return to work. You should review carefully how this "residual" benefit works when you return to the workplace. I think your approach re interviews is fine.

Previous
Self-employment insurance
Next
HIV and inhouse medical aid

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.