Medical Questionnaire

My company is currently self-insured. In the near future they will be making the efforts to become fully insured. In order to make this happen, they will require employees to complete medical questionnaires. When this happens my HIV status will be revealed. This is of great concern to me. I know that they discuss these issue in close door meetings and information I provide will be known by upper management. Is there any thing I can do to protect my information? What would happen if I were just not honest so that my employer did not find out? I don't mind the insurance company having the information in order to determine if they will ensure my organization, but I do mind my employer having the information.

Response from Ms. Franzoi

I would question the employer's need to gather this information. Are you sure it won't be the insurance company gathering this rather than the employer? If it is the employer, request to submit your questionnaire directly to the inusrer rather than to the employer.

HIV
HIV Disclosure