Change in Health Insurance Premiums

My husband is HIV+. He has worked for the same company for over 5 years, and they know about his HIV status. The company is small, 15 - 20 employees, and independently owned and operated. The company has been paying a set dollar amount for health insurance, and the employee makes up the rest. The owner of the co. told my husband that the company is going to start cutting corners. They are no longer paying overtime, but they're raising salaries. In July, when the health insurance is renewed, the co. will no longer pay any toward employees health insurance. The employee will be expected to pay the entire amount. I'm concerned about the effect this could have on my husband's health insurance. The majority of employees have told my husband that they will not be able to afford the entire amount and will have to drop the insurance all together. Only one or two people will stay on the plan. Could this effect my husband's insurance? Thank you for your attention.

Response from Ms. Franzoi

It could result in a significant increase in cost of his coverage. However, he will always be able to purchase coverage, although it would be expensive, through a HIPAA policy.

how to approach returning to work issues after years of disability
Possible HIV Exposure in Workplace