Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Workplace and Insurance IssuesWorkplace and Insurance Issues

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Should I consider changing Jobs?
Jun 2, 2001

I've been positive for 12 years and currently have tcells at about 200. My viral load is 40,000. I currently have a good paying job with lots of stability and not much stress - and very little challenge. But, I've got an offer for more money from an exciting new company and would like to take it. My concern - with this many tcells - how heavily should I be weighting my health concerns? Do I not take the new position and just stay where I am? No one has a crystal ball - but I would really appreciate some advice. Neither job is a bad situation - I'd be ok either way. Help.

Response from Ms. Franzoi

Only you can answer this. You need to weigh the pros and cons of staying versus taking the new job opportunity. I would suggest that you discuss this with your doctor. If you are healthy and the new job is a good opportunity with benefits, including health care and disability coverage, I would definitely consider this. Health care coverage and disability coverage are the two areas that you need to look at closely. If you take the new job, you should convert your existing disability coverage (if conversion is available) until you satisfy the pre-existing condition period under the new employer's policy.

Previous
Insurance Co. Disclosed to Employer
Next
does employers have to accomadate schedules, I've been declared disabled ?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.