Should I consider changing Jobs?

I've been positive for 12 years and currently have tcells at about 200. My viral load is 40,000. I currently have a good paying job with lots of stability and not much stress - and very little challenge. But, I've got an offer for more money from an exciting new company and would like to take it. My concern - with this many tcells - how heavily should I be weighting my health concerns? Do I not take the new position and just stay where I am? No one has a crystal ball - but I would really appreciate some advice. Neither job is a bad situation - I'd be ok either way. Help.

Response from Ms. Franzoi

Only you can answer this. You need to weigh the pros and cons of staying versus taking the new job opportunity. I would suggest that you discuss this with your doctor. If you are healthy and the new job is a good opportunity with benefits, including health care and disability coverage, I would definitely consider this. Health care coverage and disability coverage are the two areas that you need to look at closely. If you take the new job, you should convert your existing disability coverage (if conversion is available) until you satisfy the pre-existing condition period under the new employer's policy.

Insurance Co. Disclosed to Employer
does employers have to accomadate schedules, I've been declared disabled ?