Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

Workplace Insurance

My job is getting quotes from Health insurance companies and United Healthcare has a form that all the employees have to fill out asking for our health info. One question is about the Immune System and has HIV+ and Aids as a selection if you check yes. Is that required to ask just to get a quote for the company? Curious in South FL

Response from Mr. Chambers

Such health questions should not be asked. There was a time when small groups were asked the questions to allow the carrier to "adjust" the rates, but that should not happen under the Affordable Care Act (ACA). I encourage you to contact an HIV or other type of legal services agency in your state. They should have experience in dealing with such matters.

10 Words or Less
10 Words or Less