Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

Boss angered over me asking for pay based on higher position

My issue is that, I was hired at my job over 9 months ago to do cashier and cleaning work. I have since been asked to be a supervisor, but I turned it down. I was asked 2 more times, and I said yes I will learn how to do it in case there is an emergency and you need me. They are starting to schedule me for non-emergency Supervisor shifts, and I have already worked a stat as the opening/closing supervisor. But when it came for payday, I had already asked previously if I would be getting supervisor pay for the days I am supervisor, and I was told yes. Tthey didn't put it on my pay stub, reluctantly paid the difference and have since been mad that I even asked for the 1.50 difference in pay per hour for a higher up position (on the days I do it). Is it against the law or anything for them to refuse to pay me what other people starting out as Supervisor would get paid? I feel as though I will definitely be taken advantage of if they can just pay me Cashier wage for doing a different position that starts out at $12 an hour.

Response from Mr. Chambers

That is a legal issue that should be checked with an attorney. Also, although I am not aware of any such prohibition on at-will employees (employees not working under a contract, union or otherwise), there could be state laws that may address your issue.

To confirm the federal question, check with your local office of the Department of Labor, Wage and Benefits Division. For the state issue see your state's Department of Fair Employment and Housing or State Department of Labor.

send my med to india
hiv and fast food