Breaking H.I.P.P.A law

Hello, six months ago I had to get a physical for work, the doctor gave me the letter I needed. However he later faxed all my personal health info an complete med list to my employer without my consent! I did file a complaint but the hospital dose not seem to take this serious at all. Any idea what more can I do ?

Response from Mr. Chambers

You should file a complaint with the US Department of Health and Human Services. You can get more information on that process at this site. at this site.

I also recommend you seek legal assistance through a legal services agency. Many AIDS Service Organizations can either assist with that or refer you to someone who can. You can find organizations in your area on this site, www.thebody.com

Hopefully, you have told no one at your place of employment of your medical condition. Should you hear from anyone at your work about your condition or if you encounter problems continuing to work there, make specific notes as that could show that you were damaged by the release of that information.

Good luck, Jacques

Chronic Nerve Pain
Getting pregnant on HIV meds