Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

Insurance plan

I am hiv + 52 yrs old on stribild. I changed my plan for 2015 from HMO to HSA. Now I have a 2500 $ deductible and after that my insurance will cover my treatment. Wonder any option I can find for the first week of january when i will have to refill my meds, that will be above 2000$. Any suggestion of how to handle it. Appreciate your help. Happy holidays.

Response from Mr. Chambers

Since you are on a Health Savings Account which comes with a high deductible, the only sources I know for the first month or two of medications would be if you are eligible for your state's AIDS Drug Assistance Program (ADAP) or the manufacturer's patient assistance program.

Contact a local AIDS Service Organization about ADAP and the manufacturer of Stribild, Gilead. Here is a link to their suggestions for assistance with paying for Stribild.

HIV positive med student
OH LORD AM I IN DANGER PLSSSS HELP ME