Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

HIV positive med student

Hello mr. Chambers, Recently, I've been HIV positive diagnosed and I am very scared, nervous and going through a difficult period so I guess it is normal. I am medical student from an EU country but I intend to do my residency in UK but my fears are if it is possible because of the HIV status? I've read that the ban has been lifted for hiv positive surgeons and doctors but I fear that I will be rejected and discriminated. Regards

Response from Mr. Chambers

While you are understandably nervous, I do not believe it will be an issue. Here is a link to the most recent information I could find about practicing medicine with HIV in the UK. They even permit performing surgery which was one of the last medical procedures to be permitted.

Good luck in your residency and coming to accept your new condition.

Jacques

Tax implications of marriage to ADAP beneficiary
Insurance plan